The Robotics Technology Consortium is a non-profit industry organization formed in 2008 to speed the creation and deployment of ground robotics technology for the Defense Department and other government organizations. The RTC currently has a membership of nearly 200 large and small commercial companies, academic institutions, and non-profit organizations. The consortium develops solutions to meet critical needs identified by the Office of the Secretary of Defense Joint Ground Robotics Enterprise (OSD/JGRE) to support national security objectives.
RTC’s Activities include:
- Performing innovative research to fill current and future capability gaps
- Encouraging teaming between military system integrators and the robotics stakeholders inventing next generation technologies
- Enabling robotics companies with limited defense experience (non-traditional defense companies) to work with the government in order to get the most innovative technologies deployed efficiently
- Providing industry and academia with a voice in DoD technology direction
- Educating decision makers and raising awareness of robotics capabilities